In my previous blog, Heal Your Life® Series - Part 4 - How To Write Great Affirmations That Really Work! We covered how to construct affirmations.
At first, I memorise the Italian words alongside their English equivalent. In my mind, I am thinking in English, translating it to Italian and then saying the Italian words. After a time, I become more fluent in speaking Italian and the translation time becomes less. In more time, I begin to actually think in Italian. It is the same for translating negative thoughts and affirmations into positive thoughts and affirmations.
My suggestions are this;
- EVERY time you realise you are thinking or saying a negative thought or sentence, gently re-phrase it to be a positive version. Congratulate yourself on the good work you have done in changing this.
- Begin your day with declaring upon awaking that 'today is a wonderful day', 'today is a great day', 'I love life'.
- Get into the spirit of being positive about EVERYTHING and declare this as you are getting ready for your day. For example 'I love you kettle for making my hot beverage so easy to make', I love you rain for making my garden lush and green', 'I love me, because I deserve it'. If you have a happy dance, use it often.
- As you clean your teeth, watch your eyes in the mirror and say 'I am awesome', 'I Love myself, 'I am the best'.
- In the car or on the train, have an affirmation that you are working on and loop it in your head as a mantra. Perhaps there is a beat in your mind you can do this to or even the melody of a song.
- Use a positive affirmation as a screensaver on your phone and computer.
- Make a play list of positive songs that you only listed to for a week. Choose only to watch movies and television shows that have a positive tone. Maybe you don't listen to the news for that week
- Put sticky notes around the house, with positive affirmations you are working on. Say then each time you see them.
- At the end of your day, tell yourself a story about your day and all the positive things you experienced and felt/thought. Start from the moment you woke up and itemise each event from there.
- Praise yourself for being a fantastic person as you are falling asleep
These are just some of the countless ways you can integrate affirmations in your life for positive change.
For the next instalment in this Heal Your Life® series, click Heal Your Life® Series - Part 6 - What Does Learning To Love Yourself Really Mean?
Kylie, of Complete Vibrational Therapies, has a Diploma of Metaphysics and is a licensed Heal Your Life® Workshop Leader and licensed Heal Your Life® Life Coach.
If you enjoyed this blog, please comment below or like on Facebook.
For information on upcoming, life-changing Heal Your Life® Workshops or Heal Your Life® Life Coaching with Complete Vibrational Therapies, go to Heal Your Life® Workshops or Heal Your Life® Life Coaching.