Every time you work with or carry a crystal, it not only provides beneficial therapeutic value (please read Crystal Therapy Series - Part 1 - Introduction: What Is Crystal Therapy?), but also accumulates energy from its environment such as your emotions, thoughts and of those around you.
It is great for the crystal if you are having an awesome day in a harmonious environment and feel really good, but not so much if you are working through issues, feel emotional. or are perhaps spending time in a tense or stale environment at home or at work.
There are many ways to cleanse crystals. Essentially, you need to cleanse the crystal's own energy field by disrupting it in some way and then dislodging and removing what has been accumulated. I like to use the analogy of washing clothes. First the washing machine agitates the clothes in water by moving it backward and forward for some time and then removes the dislodged dirt etc. by the rinse cycle.
It is good to cleanse your crystals regularly, say once a week, for general use. If you are going through a particularly emotional or stressful period, I suggest every day,
Here are some of the many ways you can cleanse your crystals;
- Moon - place your crystals outside, overnight, on the full moon. This is a beautiful way to deeply cleanse your crystals, however I find that once a month is too long to wait between cleanses. Imagine only having a shower once a month!
- Sun - solarise your crystals by placing them outside, in the morning before midday. You will put them in energetic overdrive if you do this after midday. Up to an hour is good but they will only need 20 minutes or so in direct sunlight for you to feel a big difference in their energy. Be careful with some crystals such as amethyst as the beach and lighten in colour if left for longer than 20 minutes in summer sun.
- Water - washing your crystals in water - be it moving water such as a river/stream or the ocean, still water such as giving them a bath in a bowl with salt. Be careful with crystals that are porous such as angelite, selenite and kyanite as they will loose their gloss and/or break down completely.
- Other Crystals - kyanite, selenite, citrine clusters and amethyst clusters are perfect for placing crystals on as they naturally cleanse them. With the exception of amethyst, the other three do not require any cleansing at all as they do not hold and store energy.
- Salt - placing your crystals on a plate or bowl containing salt.
- Smudge - use sage or incense to bath the crystal in smoke.
- Feathers - disrupt the energy field around the crystal with swiftly brushing the energy field with a feather.
- Sound - place crystals in close proximity of sound such as tibetan singing bowls, crystal singing bowls and medicine drum.
If you have enjoyed this blog, please 'like' or comment below :-)
The next instalment of this Crystal Therapy Series will be; Crystal Therapy Series - Part 3 - Meditating With Crystals
Kylie, of Complete Vibrational Therapies, has a Diploma of Metaphysics and is a qualified advanced crystal therapist.
Click the following links for details of individual treatments or upcoming crystal therapy events; Crystal Therapy, Divine Healing, Pranic Healing, The Works, Crystals & Colour For Self-Help Workshop and Crystal Mandala Workshops.